Abondance valley NordicBack
Abondance valley Nordic
From 21/12 to 29/03 between 9 am and 4.30 pm.
The nordic area of Abondance valley is composed of 25 km of ski runs. The trails are maintained and groomed daily, access is subject to a fee (package).
The Nordic routes (16 km) to explore on foot, snowshoes or cross-country, used to connect the heart of the skiing area to the villages of Abondance and Chatel.
Their access is free.
The heart of the cross-country ski range is located at La Chapelle d'Abondance
The nordic home is in the parking lot of the Panthiaz in La Chapelle d'Abondance. You can buy there passes (no ski rental).
The central position of this gateway to the heart of the area makes it a strategic starting point. It provides easy access to all the different areas of cross-country ski area: sports sector (red and black run), starting sector (initiation zone, green and blue runs) and games sectors with the biathlon stadium and the toboggan run.
Thanks to the proximity of the alpine ski area of Braitaz which links to the Portes du Soleil, the starting point will be privileged by :
- groups wishing to ski downhill and cross country skiing,
- people who come by car (car park dedicated to skiers and walkers)
- people using public transport (Columbus and communal shuttle: stop "Telecabine").
Other possible starting points:
- Abondance: the village center
- La Chapelle d'Abondance: bridge "Ariot" (package on sale at the "Cret Beni" ski lifts)
- Châtel: departure on black run "Corne Noire"